So I tried something new.. I decorated the cover of a notebook! I started looking in the catalogs and blogs for ideas, when some just hit me, so here it is:
Ok, so I pieced it together on a piece of white paper cut to the shape of the cover. All the pieces are from the Sweet & Sour dsp except the green, which is Certainly Celery. My favorite part is the bottom corner. Here's an upclose:
After cutting the background dsp, I stamped flowers from the Build-a-Roo set in Pumpkin Pie. I used the "masking" technique laid out by Lee Conrey. It worked well and looks good. Then I stamped and cut out butterflies and popped out their wings. Of course it wasn't complete without rhinestones and pearls.
Another part I really enjoyed seeing come together was the big bow! This is the best bow I've ever tied! It took a lot of maneuvering, but...
Tah-dah! Also, underneath the bow, the middle section is made of Pumpkin Pie paper with sheet music stamped in Pumpkin Pie, then embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folder. I thought that would be kind of interesting.
Finally, I made one more little piece of art on my cover:
The piece is Certainly Celery; I stamped a tree in Certainly Celery from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set, then punched out flowers with the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack out of Sweet and Sour dsp. I finished each off with a rhinestone or pearl center!
This was a fun project that only took a few hours (I take a loong time on each project) and turned out quite nicely!
Thanks for stopping by!